Dungeon makers would benefit greatly if we could have a new block type that would be something like this :
Falling block (blue ones that disappear when you walk over them) + construction block = Chain falling block
With these type of blocks , dungeons could have countless custom traps and even minecraft redstone like features .
1. A bridge made out of them . As you step on one , the bridge will start to collapse and players will have to run in order not to fall into the chasm with lava . (others will have to glide over or build one later to cross)
2. A bridge made with 50% of those . Making players pick their steps wisely .
3. A room with walls and under-floor made out of them . There are few of those visible on the floor that act as pressure plates . When walked over , they will chain below the floor and than collapse the walls making lava slowly fill in the room .
4. Pressure plate that chains under the floor and collapses a nearby wall that unleashes a group of enemies that spawn in that secret room .
5. Floor made out of them that opens a spike chasm under it .
6. Pressure plate that will open some blocks in the walls and reveal turrets .
7. Walls that collapse and the room floods with water .
Just use your imagination on what a simple chain disappearing block further can do :P . Dungeons could become more interesting and challenging with these . Since we have such chain system in construction blocks and "vanish when walked over" system in falling blocks , these would be a simple addition to the game .
Post your opinions and even ideas of what you could do with these type of blocks in your dungeons.