I haven't been around very long, but I've noticed the pattern to trove's patching and event structures. While I'm quite pleased with how often they are able to push out content patches, I'd still like to hear opinions from players about how they feel about this.
It almost seems like the lack of actual progression or content in the game once you hit 42 is matched by the weekly content (but fun) grinding opportunities we get. I've heard the sky realms and halloween event announcement for the upcoming weeks, and prior that we get a chaos loot / mining week. Before this we have adventure loot box, ladybug invaders, fishing, free flask coin, shadow towers and new class release back to back. To start off this whole cycle? We had a dragon release. The cycle's going to end during the sky realms event release with a bone dragon too, from the looks of it.
This inevitably makes me want to be playing trove every single week, which is a good thing while we wait for content patches. The only drawback is that we seem to have to wait quite a while for bugfixes (albeit they are coming.Thanks!)
I want this trend to continue or be even better, so I hope the community can make good use of this thread -
Things you can do in this idea:
1. Highlight events that you found particularly appealing.
2. Suggest new event ideas you want to see.
3. Suggest which content releases are the most fun to have.
My own thoughts
1. Personally, I feel that adventure boxes should be released on a 7 day cycle after adventure loot event ends, and alternate each week between an old mount box and a new mount box, to stabilise their prices and allow players opportunity to obtain old ones.
2. Dragons being released on a monthly schedule is fine, but they should get some sort of differing purpose with each cycle. At the moment the future seems to indicate we will have 8-9 dragons and by then the only reason to have a dragon is for the permanent bonus, which I find to be a very monotone system in the long run. Would be nice to have challenges for some other special item and switch dragons over to a thematic system.